Posey County Radio News and Sports
In a press release from the MSD of North Posey, they say that Superintendent of The Metropolitan School District of North Posey County, Dr. Michael Galvin, has announced his retirement effective Friday, September 29th 2023. The release also states that Dr. Galvin is saddened and excited to announce that after thirty years of service to children, he will be retiring and accepting a new position as the Senior Director of Operations with Junior Achievement of Southwestern Indiana. The School Board will select an interim Superintendent and begin the process to find the next Superintendent of the Metropolitan School District of North Posey.
Tonight is Week 5 of the High School Football season. The North Posey Vikings have a big showdown at the Heritage Hills Patriots at 7:00 PM. Both teams are 4-0 on the season. North Posey is ranked 6th in the AP Rankings for Class 2A, and Heritage Hills is ranked 3rd in Class 3A. Jordan Fisher and Chris Morlan will have the radio broadcast on 98.9 FM WPIW and online at poseycountyradio.com. Their pregame show starts at 6:45 PM.
The Mt. Vernon Wildcats play host to the Forest Park Rangers tonight at 6:30 PM. The Wildcats are 3-1 on the year and will be playing for their 4th-straight win. The Rangers also have a record of 3-1. It is Homecoming Night for Mt. Vernon. The school encourages you to come early as there will be 15 school organizations in the football parking lot from 4:30-6:30 PM with food, drinks, games, and giveaways. The swim team is also hosting an open swim from 3:15-4:30 PM for 3 dollars per person. If you can’t make it to the game, Chris Cooke and Allen Buck will have you covered on the radio on 106.7 FM WMVI and online at poseycountyradio.com. Their pregame show is set for 6:15 PM.
North Posey Athletics posted on Facebook that their new “Protect The Brand” pump is up and running at the Posey County Co-Op. This is a way for the community to show their support for North Posey High School. For every gallon of gas purchased through the “Protect The Brand” pump, Country Mark will donate 5 cents per gallon back to the high school.
Coming up this weekend in New Harmony is the Kunstfest. It will be on Saturday from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM and on Sunday from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM. You can visit our Facebook page at Posey County Radio to view the Kunstfest map and schedule of events.
- Week 5 High School Football games across the tri-state this evening include a handful of games at 6:30 PM…Castle travels to Vincennes…Bosse is at North…Memorial is home against Harrison…Reitz heads to Central…Mater Dei welcomes Jasper…Pike Central plays host to South Spencer…Gibson Southern is at home against Southridge…and Princeton battles Washington at home…game at 7:00 PM tonight include…Boonville paying a visit to Linton-Stockton…Tell City plays host to Hancock County…and Tecumseh welcomes Perry Central.
- Evansville Volleyball plays at Tennessee tonight at 5:30 PM.
- Evansville Women’s Soccer is on the road at Illinois State at 6:00 PM.
- The St. Louis Cardinals (65-81) are back at home tonight after a long 9-game road trip in which they went 6-3. St. Louis begins a 3-game series with the Philadelphia Phillies at 7:15 PM.
- The Chicago Cubs (78-69) are in Arizona for a 3-game weekend series with the Diamondbacks at 8:40 PM.
- The Cincinnati Reds (76-72) head to New York for a battle with the Mets at 6:10 PM.
Sports From Thursday:
- Mt. Vernon Volleyball (8-5) picked up a road win in 4-sets at Princeton last night.
- North Posey Volleyball (16-3) won at home in straight sets against South Spencer.
- North Posey Girls Soccer welcomes Southridge at 5:00 PM.
- USI Women’s Soccer (1-5-3) went on the road and battled Kansas City to a 1-1 tie.