Posey County Radio News and Sports
Lamasco Bar and Grill in Evansville is officially up for sale. Owner Amy Word took to social media on Monday to make the announcement. Word says she is selling the business entity, property and lot. Word mentions in her post that she is working on a job possibility and is “giddy with anticipation of the unknown.” She says the business is listed with Scott Hyatt. The announcement comes as the business approaches its 15-year anniversary. Hyatt says Lamasco is currently listed at $1,050,000. This comes after the liquor license was suspended for about a week and a half earlier this summer. Last year, several arrests were made during a drug investigation connected to the bar.
The West Side Nut Club Fall Festival is quickly approaching, and if you're planning on enjoying the rides, you may be interested in an early bird offer. The West Side Nut Club says presale ride wristbands are now on sale for $25, offering a saving of $5 off the normal price. The wristbands are good for unlimited rides but are only good for one day. The reduced price is only available until midnight on October 1st, which is also "Family Day."
Family Matters of Posey County posted on Facebook that applications are now available for the Posey County Christmas Assistance Program. Applications are available at Family Matters, all county trustee’s offices, and many area churches. All completed applications must be returned to the Trustee’s office or Trinity United Church of Christ. The application deadline is Thursday October 12th.
Vanderburgh County officials broke ground on the first of two new Burdette Park playgrounds Monday morning. Officials say the playgrounds with be the county’s first ADA accessible structures, which will offer wheelchair accessibility and an ADA compliant swing. Vanderburgh County council President Jill Hahn says the playground will be for every child and is a completely inclusive opportunity for young children. Officials say the park is expected to be completed in October.
Mt. Vernon Football’s Kortez Stewart had a big game last Friday in the Wildcats 42-20 win at home against Forest Park. Stewart had 273 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns and is now up for a couple of weekly awards. He is in the running for both the Home Team Friday’s and Courier and Press Week 5 MVP. You can vote for Stewart on both the Tri-State Home Page website and the Courier and Press website. You can find those links on our Facebook page at Posey County Radio.
- Mt. Vernon Volleyball plays host to Bosse tonight. The JV match is at 6:00 PM and the Varsity match will follow around 7:30 PM.
- Mt. Vernon Boys Soccer is home against North Posey at 5:30 PM.
- North Posey Volleyball welcomes Southridge. The JV match is at 5:30 PM and the Varsity match will be around 7:00 PM.
- North Posey Boys Tennis takes on Heritage Hills at home at 4:30 PM.
- North Posey Cross County has a meet tonight at 5:00 PM against Gibson Southern and Princeton. The meet is hosted by Gibson Southern High School.
- Evansville Men’s Soccer is in action at home tonight at 6:30 PM taking on the Louisville Cardinals.
- USI Men’s Soccer is also home on campus this evening at 6:00 PM as the Screaming Eagles welcome in Northern Kentucky.
- The St. Louis Cardinals (67-83) play game 2 of their 4-game series at home with the Milwaukee Brewers at 6:45 PM. Catch the game on 106.7 FM WMVI.
- The Chicago Cubs (78-72) begin a series in Chicago against the Pittsburgh Pirates at 6:40 PM.
- The Cincinnati Reds (79-73) continue their series at home with the Minnesota Twins at 5:40 PM. With less than 2 weeks left in the regular season, both the Reds and Cubs are tied for the final wild card spot in the national league. They both are a half game back of Arizona for the 2nd wild card position, and both are a half game in front of the Miami Marlins.
Sports From Monday:
- Mt. Vernon Girls Soccer (5-5) lost at Central, 4-0.
- North Posey Boys Tennis (8-7) picked up a 3-2 win at Reitz.
- North Posey Boys Soccer (2-9) cruised past Mt. Carmel, 8-0.
- USI Volleyball (4-8) lost in 5 sets at Eastern Illinois last night. The Screaming Eagles lost the 5th set, 15-10.
- The St. Louis Cardinals (67-83) started off their 4-game series at home with the Milwaukee Brewers with a 1-0 win. Cardinals Pitcher Adam Wainwright earned career win number 200 as he pitched 7 scoreless innings last night.
- The Cincinnati Reds (79-73) won the opener of their series 7-3 at home over the Minnesota Twins.
- The Chicago Cubs (78-72) were off last night.