Posey County Radio News and Sports
Coming up this weekend in New Harmony is the Kunstfest. It will be on Saturday from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM and on Sunday from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM. You can visit our Facebook page at Posey County Radio to view the Kunstfest map and schedule of events.
The Mt. Vernon Police Department is hiring once again. Applications will be accepted through October 6th for this round of hiring. Starting pay is $52,300 and goes to $54,300 after the first year. Qualifying lateral officers may be eligible for a $10,000 hiring bonus.
Posey County Council on Aging announced that coming up this Friday, they will be hosting a meeting about scamming. The Mt. Vernon Police Department will be there to talk about scams. It starts at 10:00 AM on Friday morning and is open to the community. The location of the meeting is 611 West 8th Street in Mt. Vernon. If you have any questions, you can call Posey County Council on Aging at 812-838-4656.
Starting in the fall of 2024, University of Evansville students will be able to get an undergraduate degree in three years. It’s through their new program ‘Innovative Degrees in 3.’ Officials say it offers students accelerated degrees to save them time and money. It will be offered in their traditional fall and spring semesters. It’s also the same workload as a typical 4-year degree. Officials say the program will have a huge impact on students.
CenterPoint Energy and the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) will be holding a public field hearing tonight at the Old National Events Center Plaza in the Locust Room. CenterPoint is asking the commission to allow it to raise rates for a five-year infrastructure upgrade. The proposed projects would be built between 2024 and 2028 and would include transmission line rebuilds, substation rebuilds and security upgrades, power pole replacements and additional distribution system upgrades throughout the utility’s electric service territory. According to a release by the Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor (OUCC), the increases would add $2.55 to a 1,000-Kilowatt hour monthly residential bill in 2024, which would increase each year to $14.68 in 2028. Tonight’s public field hearing on CenterPoint’s request is scheduled for 6:00 PM and will allow consumers to speak directly to the commission under oath and on the record to become part of the case records. No final decisions about the case will be made at the hearing.
Comedian Jeff Dunham is making his way to the Tri-State this coming March. The ventriloquist and his cast of world-famous characters will be making a stop at the Ford Center for the second leg of their tour, ‘Still Not Canceled.’ That is set for March 21st, but those tickets go on sale this Monday morning at 10:00 AM. You can purchase tickets online or in person at the Ford Center box office.
The Harlem Globetrotters are returning to the Ford Center. According to a release, you have the chance to catch them in action January 15th. Fans can score seats at the Ford Center Ticket Office and Harlem Globetrotters website beginning Sept. 25th. Officials say fan engagement continues with pre-game offerings like their Magic Pass, post-game access and more in-game fan interactions than ever before. They say you might even find yourself mid-court as part of the all-new, fan-filled Halftime Skills Showcase.
- North Posey Boys Tennis is home against Mater Dei at 4:30 PM.
- North Posey Girls Golf is on the road to play Princeton at 4:15 PM.
- USI Volleyball (4-6) travels to IUPUI for a match at 5:00 PM.
- Evansville Men’s Soccer (2-2-1) is home on campus to battle Lindenwood at 7:00 PM.
- The St. Louis Cardinals (64-81) wrap up their 9-game road trip in Baltimore against the Orioles at 5:35 PM. Catch the game on 106.7 FM WMVI.
- The Cincinnati Reds (75-71) continue play in Detroit against the Tigers at 5:40 PM. The Reds are just one game back of Arizona for the final wild card spot in the National League.
Sports From Tuesday:
- North Posey Volleyball (15-3) defeated Reitz at home in straight sets.
- North Posey Girls Soccer (1-6-1) lost at Gibson Southern, 2-0.
- North Posey Boys Tennis (7-5) defeated Mt. Vernon on the road, 4-1.
- USI Men’s Soccer (0-6) got blanked at home by Belmont last night, 4-0.
- The St. Louis Cardinals (64-81) defeated the Baltimore Orioles on the road, 5-2. Adam Wainwright went 5 innings and picked up the victory. Wainright is now at 199 career wins. The rubber game of the 3-game set is tonight at 5:35 PM.