Posey County Radio News and Sports
North Posey’s 1st annual spirit of Christmas toy drive is still going in full force. Items can be donated through December 16th and dropped off at North Posey High School. They are looking for new unwrapped toys and they will be donated to Toys for Tots on behalf of the North Posey community. For more details, you can call 812-673-4242.
Christmas in New Harmony kicks off this weekend with the Christmas Tree lighting at the New Harmony Inn on Friday at 5:30 PM. It is free for everyone to attend. Then on Saturday from 8:00-10:00 AM there is a breakfast with Santa at The Holy Angels Catholic Community Center. It is $5 for adults, $3 for children, and kids ages 4 and under are free. At 10:30 AM on Saturday it is the Christmas Parade. Entry applications are available at the Old Mill Mart. The weekend of events continues from 11:00 AM until 3:00 PM at the Working Men’s Institutes with Candy Land. There will be games, train rides, and activities for kids of all ages. At 3:00 PM there is a pet parade. Then at 5:30 PM there is a lighted golf cart parade through town. Saturday’s events wrap up at 6:30 PM with the Pub Crawl for those 21 and older. Moving on to Sunday from 1:00-4:00 pm there is the Holiday Hour Tour and tickets are $20. The Children’s Nutcracker begins at 3:00 PM on Sunday with tickets available at the door. Horse and Carriage rides are available on Saturday and Sunday for $5. Vendors will be on site Saturday from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM and Sunday from 10:00 AM-4:00 PM at the Gymnasium and Community House #2.
Coming up this Saturday at 5:00 PM, Poseyville will have their tree lighting at the Community Center. Mt. Vernon’s Christmas on Main Street will be Friday December 9th with a Christmas Parade and tree lighting.
The Poseyville Kiwanis Club is hosting Breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Claus on December 17th at the Poseyville Community Center from 8:00-11:00 AM. Children who are 3 and under are free. It’s $7 for kids ages 4-10 and $10 for those that are 11 and older. Price does include breakfast, hot chocolate bar, and other activities. Pre-sale tickets are available from any Poseyville Kiwanis Club Member.
Sports From Sunday:
- University of Evansville Men's Basketball could not win back-to-back games as they lost against Fairfield, 63-56. Kenny Strawbridge Jr. poured in 25 points for UE. The Aces fall to 2-6 on the year and will be at home on Wednesday at 7:00 PM against the Southern Illinois Salukis.
- #24 Purdue handled #8 Duke, 75-56. Zach Edey led the charge with 21 points and 12 rebounds. The Boilermakers are 6-0.
- Indiana State thumped Trinity (IL) at home, 105-68. The Sycamores are now 6-1 on the season.
- Ball State got tripped up by San Jose State, 67-65. The Cardinals drop to 4-3.
- The Indiana Pacers started a 7-game road trip with a 114-100 loss at the Los Angeles Clippers. Jalen Smith had 23 points for the Pacers who are now 11-8 on the year. The Pacers play at the Lakers tonight at 9:30 PM.
- Week 12 NFL Scores: Titans (7-4) lost at home to the Bengals (7-4), 20-16. The Bears (3-9) get stomped at the Jets, 31-10. Packers (4-8) lose again in Phily to the Eagles, 40-33.