Posey County Radio News and Sports
We have an update for the Mt. Vernon Street Department Holiday Trash Schedule. All city offices will be closed this Thursday and Friday in observance of Thanksgiving. If your normal trash collection day is Thursday, your trash will be picked up today. If your normal trash collection day is Friday, your trash will be picked up next Monday. Any questions or concerns, you are to call the office at 812-838-2352.
There's another mobile food distribution event scheduled to happen at Bosse Field in Evansville, Indiana. Officials with Tri-State Food Bank say they'll be hosting the food giveaway on Wednesday, Nov. 23. The food distribution will happen from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., or until boxes run out. The local nonprofit organization has now held several food share events at the historic baseball field. Bosse Field is located at 23 N. Main St. in Evansville.
Evansville’s own ‘Sauced’ Italian restaurant is hosting a free Thanksgiving buffet. Walton’s Smokehouse and Southern Kitchen is one of the nine sponsoring businesses donating food. Walton’s Smokehouse will donate cherry, apple, and peach cobblers to the Thanksgiving event. Smokehouse management says they chose to donate cobbler for the event because it can serve up to 70 people per pan, and it can be made quickly. The Thanksgiving event will be held in the ‘Sauced’ ballroom on 1113 Parrett Street in Evansville. The event is from 11:00 AM until 2:00 PM tomorrow.
One local High School Football team will play for a state championship this weekend up in Indianapolis at Lucas Oil Stadium and that is the Mater Dei Wildcats. They will play in the Class 2A Championship game on Friday at 10:00 AM against Andrean. Mater Dei is 11-3 on the year and Andrean is 10-3. We will have coverage of the game again this Friday on 106.7 FM WMVI.
Sports From Last Night:
- Mt. Vernon Boys Basketball opened up their regular season with a 64-18 thumping of Vincennes Rivet on the road.
- Mt. Vernon Girls Basketball fell at home to South Spencer, 68-23. MV drops to 1-5 on the year.
- North Posey Girls Basketball held on for a 49-48 win at home against Central. The Vikings are now 3-1 on the season.
- University of Evansville Volleyball saw their season come to an end as they lost in the semi-final round of the MVC Tournament to Northern Iowa in 3-sets.
- USI Men's Basketball suffered an 80-66 loss at St. Bonaventure. Isaiah Swope led the Screaming Eagles with 21 points. USI is now 2-3 on the year.
- Other Men's College Basketball scores from Tuesday included Western Kentucky (4-1) beating Illinois State, 78-66. Lousiville (0-5) is still winless after getting drilled by #21 Texas Tech, 70-38. Indiana State (4-1) got tripped up for the first time this year by UMKC, 63-61. Notre Dame (6-0) is still spotless after earning an 82-66 win over Bowling Green.